domingo, 29 de novembro de 2009

relato de parto the Farm

Aqui está mais um fabuloso excerto de um parto real na comunidade Farm, compilado pela parteira Ina May Gaskin no fantástico livro Spiritual Midwifery (posso traduzir, se desejarem):

The previously unseen strength I drew upon to give birth naturally and spiritually changed and deepened me. I can't say it was painless, and I can't say it really hurt. I didn't really think of it in those terms. Perhaps discomfort. I never once - before, during or after - ever considered going to a hospital. Even though I was somewhat uncomfortable, I simply had the unwavering belief that my body, given play-by-play coaching, would know what to do. In the end, the opportunity to draw on strength I wasn't aware I had became a door through which I rose into my own power.

in Rena and Miguel's Births

Sem comentários: